SMI Cold Therapy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose to effectuate these principles and mandates. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. SMI Cold Therapy, Inc. conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between the Company and its employees, including:
- Working conditions
- Wages and salary administration
- Employee benefits and application of policies
EEO also applies to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies and any other persons or firms doing business for or with the Company.
Directors, managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing equal employment practices within each department. The HR department is responsible for overall compliance and will maintain personnel records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
SMI Cold Therapy, Inc. administers EEO fairly and consistently by:
- Posting all required notices regarding employee rights under EEO laws in areas highly visible to employees.
- Advertising for job openings with the statement “We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
- Posting all required job openings with the appropriate state agencies.
- Forbidding retaliation against any individual who files a charge of discrimination, opposes a practice believed to be unlawful discrimination, reports harassment, or assists, testifies or participates in an EEO agency proceeding.
- Requires employees to report to a member of management, an HR representative or the general counsel any apparent discrimination or harassment. The report should be made within 48 hours of the incident.
- Promptly notifies the general counsel of all incidents or reports of discrimination or harassment and takes other appropriate measures to resolve the situation.
Part-time Jr. Accountant
At corporate HQ in Rocky Mount, VA